D.L. Auld Gold Metal Snake Belt
This gorgeous belt can can also be worn as a necklace! The snake head has clear rhinestones with intricate victorian styled detailing and houses the belt clip underneath which can clasp anywhere along the mesh body. Signed underneath with DL Auld Co logo.
The DL Auld Company, founded in 1870, was one of the largest manufacturers of custom jewelry of the early 20th century. In 1912, the company was hired by Henry Ford to create a name plate emblem for his new Model T vehicle. This led to the company shifting gears to become a manufacturer of automobile emblems and hood ornaments, abandoning its jewelry division in the early 1900's. The company is still in business today, manufacturing for the auto industry.
- Sparkling clear rhinestone eyes
- Gold tone snake head & tail
- Can also be worn as a necklace
- Clip on the underside of the head attaches to any part of the body of the snake
- DL Auld Co mark (an A with wings) is located on the underside of the snake head.
- 41" total length, fully adjustable.
- Excellent vintage condition